About - Setting up Tier-2
Why do you need to set up Tier-2?
Tier-2 refers to second Tier reports that your identified Primes (vendors required to report) send directly to you in order to review their diversity expenditures. You will need to Identify and upload your Primes in order to get started.
What does the system do with the data?
There are many uses for the Tier 2 data.
- View compliance for each company
- Identify the diversity of your supplier base for Diversity & Inclusion reporting
- Issue purchase orders, if this is tied to the vendor’s registration internally
- Engage suppliers to update their profile information
- Collect diversity reports from your suppliers
- And much more…
How do you do this?
There’s a detailed step by step explanation a bit later on, but basically you
(1) Determine your Primes, i.e. which suppliers you would like to require to report tier-2 expenditures
(2) Invite them to Report
(3) View expenditures on the Standardized Tier 2 report
How long does it take to process?
If you are selecting your Primes from your existing Current Suppliers, this process should take 2-3 minutes depending on the amount of Primes you are selecting. If you are adding new Primes to your database, then the process will take longer to account for you uploading them under the Supplier upload console.
Can supplier uploads be automated?
You can automate the upload process using APIs that allow you to transfer supplier data from your internal system to SupplierGATEWAY. You can read more about the APIs on the developers page here.
Please sign in to leave a comment.