Ways to find success - Uploading Suppliers
The concept behind uploading suppliers is quite simple - the more complete the data you include in your upload file, the better the results.
We also understand that you may be relying on the system to help you improve and complete your supplier data so do not be alarmed if you have some blank spots in your uploaded templates. The upload should be processed properly as long as the required fields are filled out.
Required fields* - There are certain fields that must be provided with each supplier upload including company name, and supplier/vendor number. These are the absolute minimum and any records without these fields will be left out of the upload process.
- Company name* - to identify the supplier
- Your internal vendor number* - so you can use the data we return to you more easily
Hint: in the system, required fields are usually denoted with a red asterisk*
Recommended fields - For best results, the following fields are very highly recommended and you should try to provide them when you have them.
- Tax ID /EIN - we use this to automatically avoid creating duplicates in the system.
- Address, City, Country - makes it easier to match your suppliers.
Supplier engagement. Our tool can automatically connect with your suppliers and have them update their profile data and fill in any blanks, like certifications, insurance, W-9’s - any number of things that you have always wanted to clean up. All we need you to do is make sure you include email addresses so the system can automatically reach out and let them know where to go and what to do.
- Primary contact email - this helps us to automatically engage your suppliers to update their profiles
- Company Demographics - if you already know some information about your suppliers, you can use it to your advantage for reporting and analysis.
- Primary NAICS - we use this data to help your economic impact reporting