Getting Started With Your Supplier Diversity Platform
While you will likely receive a number of prompts alerts and reminders from the SupplierGATEWAY system, you may be eager to get prepared to launch your portal and want to get a head start. Remember that all of the information below and more is organized for you in the Learning Center inside the system.
Below, you will find helpful information on the next steps of your platform launch:
1. Orientation - Once system has been activated it is immediately be ready for use. We recommend that you watch this brief welcome video now, or after you login into the system so you know how to make your way around.
2. Getting Started - Once your system is active and ready to use, we realize there are various tasks you will want to complete right away, such as loading in suppliers, spend and adding users. There is information about how to complete those tasks in the Uploading of Data section below.
3. Uploading of Data. In keeping with standard industry practices to protect your information, you have access to tools for securely loading data directly into the system. The two most common uploads that support your supplier diversity program are supplier data and spend data. To get you started, we have included a short overview of how to upload both of these types of data or you can take a look at the step by step instructions. Note: There is a sample spend upload template and a sample supplier upload template each containing an example attached to this article (look at the end of this article).
4. API's/Integration. Your subscription also includes the ability to utilize API’s to pass and retrieve data electronically. If you would like to take advantage of the API’s, there is information available at www.suppliergateway.com/developers.
5. Adding Users – Once you login to your system, you will be able to add individual users from the Learning Center console. There are also provisions to load users in bulk - you should review guide to adding users via upload to consider this option for enabling your user access. You will be able to immediately add users in the system once you login.
6. Single Sign On - Your portal also includes provisions for single sign on. This guide for Setting Up Your Single Sign On (SSO) will help you understand whats involved. SSO setup in SupplierGATEWAY is very straightforward and can be completed in just a few minutes.
7. Engaging of Suppliers. One of the most effective ways to launch your portal is to send your suppliers with notice that you have implemented a portal and they should expect a communication from SupplierGATEWAY. You may use the sample template that we have appended to this article as a starting point for your communication. The system tools will initiate an invitation to suppliers with email addresses, after you have had a chance to let suppliers know to expect a communication from SupplierGATEWAY.
8. Training. The system has just in time training via online help, job aids, training videos and an active knowledge base. Once you are logged into your system, you can access the Learning Center icon in the toolbar as illustrated below: