[WEBINAR RECAP] - Grants, Financing and Support for Black-Owned Businesses to Sell Online
Thank you to those who attended the webinar “Grants, Financing and Support for Black-Owned Businesses to Sell Online” hosted by Capital Connector. We hope you found it helpful.
We covered a lot in the webinar. Don’t worry if you missed the webinar. You can access the recording here or read our quick recap below:
Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator Program
Amazon’s Black Business Accelerator is dedicated to helping build sustainable equity and growth for Black entrepreneurs by enabling their success as sellers on Amazon with 210 million buyers per month.
Amazon has committed $150 million to empower Black entrepreneurs in growing their business with access to financial support, strategic business guidance and mentorship, and marketing and promotional support.
To learn more about the eligibility and benefits of participating in the program, please click here.
Tips to be successful when selling on Amazon:
- Inventory: make sure selling items are always in stock, ready to ship and have excellent customer service.
- Certified Business: allows buyers to support locals by searching for products of black-owned businesses. Certification is the way to help you stand out compared to millions of other sellers.
- Advertising: take advantage of the $400 Sponsored Products advertising credits that Amazon offers to BBA participants to increase exposure, and FREE imaging services for up to 50 products to showcase your products.
Grant Opportunities for Black-Owned Businesses
$10,000 cash grant opportunities for select sellers, offered in partnership with Hello Alice, an organization dedicated to helping entrepreneurs launch and grow their businesses. Sign up for alerts.
Certify your business with SupplierGATEWAY’s Enhanced Digital Certification™ (EDC)
Certify your business for multiple categories, including minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned and disability-owned business, all in one certification.
- Cost: $25
- Processing time: as little as 15 minutes
- Valid: 1 year (renew annually)
- Eligibility: Bona-fide US Citizen Owned Business
- Required documents: Tax ID, government-issued ID, documents proving your ownership (Sole Proprietor, LLC, S Corp, C Corp) more info here
Benefits of certification beyond Amazon’s BBA: Access the opportunity to connect to thousands of buyers in the SupplierGATEWAY network that are looking for suppliers
To learn more about EDC or get started, please visit our website.
Apply for a business loan with SMBX
SMBX is the first small business capital marketplace for issuing and buying small business bonds. SMBX is ushering in a new model of finance by cutting out the middle person and enabling small businesses to offer bonds directly to the public without banks and standard regulatory fees.
To learn more, please visit the SMBX website.
Article is closed for comments.