HOW TO: Generate a Tier I Ad Hoc Report
The Tier-I Ad hoc report function enables you to use specific parameters that you enter to retrieve data that you need.
There are various elements to chose from such as:
- Date range
- What spend data source to use (if you have more than one)
- What demographics to include in the report (classification, ethnicity etc.)
- Location (Country, State, City)
- Custom attribute data (if you have provided this information (e.g., G/L Code, Cost Center etc)
You also get to decide how you want to output the report results. Options include:
You can also select a special "Diversity Report" format which is optimized for Supplier Diversity program reporting
The step by step instructions below show you how to request your report.
Go to App Navigator on your portal (top left). Click the Tier -1 App icon
Next, in Tier-1 function, you can navigate directly to the Ad-Hoc Report Console
Or if you are in the Dashboard, you can select the Ad-Hoc Report Console from the Tier-1 Tools
2. Making Your Report Selections
There are many different options in this ad-hoc form and each has a specific purpose. This enables you to customize the parameters for the report data that you would like included in your report output. The form sections are broken out below so we can explain each one
The Top Navigation Bar
Report period, source and output parameters
Various demographic choices
3. Generating your report
After you have made all of your report selections and decided on the report output format click on the SELECT "Generate Report" button.
If you plan to run this report again
If the report is one that you will run more than once, you can save the report parameters and give this report a name. Use the "Save my report criteria" at the bottom of the page.
4. Previewing the Result
In most cases, you will have an opportunity to preview the report results before you request the excel output. In cases where the volume of data is very large, the excel report will be generated directly from your request with no preview. Here are some other characteristics of the preview:
- You can click on the category links to drill down to report detail.
- The preview shows Year over year changes
- the preview provides access to a summary of the report criteria (click on the blue "Show Report Details" button)
Review the data in the preview, then at the bottom of the preview, click on "Request Excel Report".
5. Receiving your results via email
Check your email for a notification from firstname.lastname@example.org stating that your report is ready. There are two ways to access your report:
- The report will be attached to your email notification, or
- Navigate back to the Tier 1 portal and download the report by locating the download icon on the Tier1 Ad hoc Console.
*Note: You will receive a .csv file that can be imported to Microsoft Excel. To view detailed instructions on how to do this, click here or see the next chapter in this tutorial.
Please sign in to leave a comment.