I received an email stating my EIN/TIN was invalid
If you received an email stating your EIN/TIN is invalid, there are a few easy steps you can take to correct the issue.
Why did I get the message?
Your Tax Identification Number (TIN) or Employer Identification (EIN) has been found to not match the name that you have provided, according to the IRS. This can happen for one of the following reasons:
- The name provided is incorrect but the Tax ID is correct.
- The TAX ID provided is incorrect but the name is correct.
- Both TAX ID and Name are incorrect.
Please follow the instructions below to identify and correct the issue.
Login to the System
- Login to https://sgw.suppliergateway.com
- Click on the Basic Supplier Package App in the Active Apps tray
- Click on Update Organizational Profile from the navigation menu on the left.
To check/correct the company name
- Click on the Company link from the selection of tabs
- Review /Update the Company Name in the profile
- Click Update
To update the TIN
- Click on the Summary link from the selection of tabs
- Update the EIN
- Click Submit
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR TAX ID TO US VIA EMAIL. THIS IS FOR YOUR SECURITY! PLEASE MAKE YOUR TAX ID UPDATE INSIDE THE SYSTEM AS INSTRUCTED ABOVE.