Ways to find success - Loading Spend
The concept here is quite simple - complete the required data fields in your upload file.
If you have specific spend classifications you’d like to track, such as Account information, etc., please make sure to include them on your spend file and set them up in your system prior to uploading. You may set those specific classifications up by visiting the Tier-1 App, and selecting: Upload Spend > Manage Spend Classifications.
Required Fields* - There are certain fields that must be provided with each spend upload including spend amount, spend date,, and supplier/vendor number. These are the absolute minimum and any records without these fields will be left out of the upload process.
- Supplier/Vendor number* - to identify the supplier
- Spend Date* - so the spend can be placed in the correct period
- Spend Amount* - to properly provide the spend totals
Recommended Fields - For best results, the following fields are very highly recommended and you should try to provide them when you have them.
- Company name - this will load additional supplier details if they have not yet been established in a prior upload
- Address, City, Country - this will load additional supplier details if they have not yet been established in a prior upload
- Spend Classifications - provides you ability to further classify your spend data when pulling reports
Supplier engagement. Our tool can automatically connect with your suppliers and have them update their profile data and fill in any blanks, like certifications, insurance, W-9’s - any number of things that you have always wanted to clean up. All we need you to do is make sure you include email addresses so the system can automatically reach out and let them know where to go and what to do.
- Primary contact email - this helps us to automatically engage your suppliers to update their profiles
- Company Demographics - if you already know some information about your suppliers, you can use it to your advantage for reporting and analysis.
- Primary NAICS - we use this data to help your economic impact reporting